Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 53

Thread: Holdbacks in jeopardy

  1. #31
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Holdbacks in jeopardy

    If thats the case then why does America have kids starting school at age 5? Why not let them start at age 6? Also, your point on taking high school and college classes is interesting had I held back and taken 9th grade classes as an 8th grader I would've never went to high school my 12th grade year. I had a 3.3 gpa in high school, lord knows what a 4.0 student would do? Different strokes for different folks I suppose, however I believe in going by what is set up by society. Holding back is just that in more ways than one it's holding back the kid and holding back other kids from competing against kids.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  2. #32
    Inactive Member wise_ndns_42's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2005
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Holdbacks in jeopardy

    I really dont understand the big deal bout holdbacks as long as they dont go over the age of 19 by the set date...its riducles that people are makin such a big deal

  3. #33
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Holdbacks in jeopardy

    I've grown 2 inches and gained 15 pounds since I graduated, I could've played ball last year. You do the math, thats why people get upset. It all comes back to athletics it has very little to do with academics.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  4. #34
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Holdbacks in jeopardy

    i think everyone gains weight there first year out of highschool regardless of there age. i gained atleast 20 lbs.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  5. #35
    Inactive Member wise_ndns_42's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2005
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Holdbacks in jeopardy

    If someone wants to holdback for athletics, then let them do so...everyone else has holdbacks...it dont matter how tall or how much weight ur opponent has...its the persons choice and if they allow it...then heck why not holdback

  6. #36
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Holdbacks in jeopardy

    I agree but to argue that a huge change doesn't occur between 17-19 would be insane. If it didn't parents wouldn't hold back their kids.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  7. #37
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Holdbacks in jeopardy

    I didn't hold back one because athletically there was no point and two I choose to move on with my life. Many kids hold back when there is no point, parents have a false belief in their childs ability to play sports. Like I said it's all in what you believe in I know that out of uniform if a 19 year old hurts a 16 year old charges are filed if Johny holds back and is 19 playing against 16 year old Billy and breaks his leg in a football game it's ok.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  8. #38
    Inactive Member wise_ndns_42's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2005
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Holdbacks in jeopardy

    yea its sports and you dont get in trouble if you hurt someone really...but the younger person is making that choice when they choose to step out on the field or court in whichever sport they play...the players take their own risk knowing there is people older playing

  9. #39
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Holdbacks in jeopardy

    A 16 year old is by law a kid a 19 year old by law is an adult. Kids should be allowed to play games. I'll make reference to something that happened a few years ago when I was Sophmore in high school Lebron James was a rookie in the NBA we played against a player that was older than James. Granted James is an exceptional athlete but he's playing against men as a man when a man older than him was playing against boys.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  10. #40
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Holdbacks in jeopardy

    There you go. What is natural by society. Which everyone else on here seems to have a problem with.

    Our society. Were right, were wrong. So when are we right? On what issues, are we right on and what issues are we wrong on.

    Finally what i have been waiting for someone to say. It's all about society and how we set the standards.

    Nothing against you bub. But your words as simple as they were nailed it.

    And out of the mouth's of babes the words were spoken.

    As far as the holdback issue. A rule nationwide would end the debate. Now let's see why VA VHSL officials, and other states don't push for it.

    Simple you turn 19 your illegal to play. How can it get any more simple.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •